With Winter knocking on our doors, it's time to go out and purchase the perfect winter coat. (since you'll be wearing one for roughly 5 months) Finding the proper coat can be a hassle, and even annoying at times. I preferbly purchase 2 different coats for the winter season, One for everyday use (sporty type of coat), another for the evenings (preferbly a winter treanch coat that is sexy and classy, worn when you're dolled up). Below is a list of steps one should follow when purchasing their cold coverage.Steps:
1. Figure out what category best describes your body type. Are you top-heavy, pear-shaped, petite, a plus size or thick-waisted?
2. Downplay generous curves with a double-breasted pea coat and criss-cross lapels.
3. Balance full hips with a shawl coat, complete with an oversized, fun-fur shawl collar and hood.
4. Proportion a petite frame with the stroller coat. Its sleek, simple, single-breasted cut will balance and flatter the figure.
5. Cover trouble spots with the coat known as the "waterfall," which cascades from the waist down, skimming past the problem areas gracefully.
6. Appear thinner in the waist when you don the Balmacan coat with its clean single-breasted styling.
7. Choose one of the styles above, then make certain the coat fits over your bulkiest outfit without tugging or pulling under the arms.
8. Check to make sure the coat's sleeves fall below your wrist bone.
9. Test the coat by sitting in it to make sure it doesn't bind or ride up.Tips:
-Choose wool- acrylic blends in a 60/40 ratio for the best durability and easy-care benefits.
-Consider versatility options such as a detachable hood, scarf or lining to get the most wear out of your investment.
Image:Burberry Toscana coat(NeimanMarcus.com)